Sunday, October 13, 2013

Going to HollyWoof!


Cherelle and I have been invited to be presenters at the upcoming Dogs for the Deaf fundraiser, "Hooray for HollyWoof....the Sequel".  We are doing the Snoopy happy dance! The guest host for this event is Betty White! I am such a huge fan. Another one of my idols, Marlee Matlin will also be in attendance! To get more details and to see who else in Hollywood will be at this fundraiser go to:

I suppose I should mention that my often overlooked husband, Larry has been invited too. It is not unusual for the spouse of the hearing dog team to find him or herself standing in the background. After all the person with the dog is the focal point. But make no mistake the spouse is an important part of the team. That person has "on call", backup dog duties whenever the hearing dog recipient is for whatever reason, either incapacitated or not with the hearing dog.  He or she also helps with the ongoing training that is involved with having a hearing dog. This can include the introduction of new sounds for the hearing dog to work.  So this is a chance to acknowledge the lesser known  "Star" in Cher and my lives, my husband Larry Holcomb. This will be his opportunity too.

We will be driving from Corvallis, Oregon to LA but this time not in the motorhome. Since we are in a long term rental spot here, it would have meant that while we were in the immediate LA area we would have been paying for our space in Corvallis, a space to park the RV just outside LA and then our hotel rooms for the day before and night of the event. Cher and I have some rehearsal time the day prior to the event which means we need to be close to the country club where it is to take place. Oh boy now that will be interesting. I haven't done a rehearsal since my high school theater days!  We decided it would be less hassle to hop in the car and take a leisurely two day drive to LA, and then two day drive back to Corvallis after the event. I will admit it will seem strange being on a road trip without the motorhome! 

I have more news to share but I will keep you in suspense a bit longer. Stay tuned............

Warm wishes from me, and tail wags from Cherelle (aka Cher).





No comments:

Post a Comment