Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Making Miracles Happen

Wow what an experience! Lovely Hearing Dog Cherelle got to meet the very lovely and loving Betty White! Ms. White is a supporter of Dogs for the Deaf (DFD) the organization from which I received Cherelle almost seven years ago. She generously gave of her time by attending the DFD fundraiser "HollyWoof 2 - The Sequel" on October 27th. She also made a matching donation for money raised at the event. I feel very honored to have met Ms. White.  Her love for our furry canine friends is very evident. She is also a most gracious women and has the ability to put everyone at ease.

My hubby's cell phone pic is a bit blurry. I think he was as excited as I was and perhaps his hand not too steady!

We also had the privilege of meeting a number of cast members from the television show "Switched At Birth" who also generously gave of their time to support Dogs for the Deaf at the event. Thank you 
Ms. Marlee Matlin!


And Constance Marie, Ryan Lane, Lea Thompson and (not pictured), Stephanie Nogueras. Ms. Nogueras was kind enough to pose for a photograph but it was so fuzzy as to not do justice to the actress. 


I am very grateful to CEO Robin Dickson and General Manager Vaughn Maurice of Dogs for the Deaf for giving me the opportunity to speak at this event and to share what having Cherelle in my life has meant to me and to thank all of those present for their support in helping DFD to continue their work of rescuing dogs and helping people. Hearing Dogs do make miracles happen in the lives of those who receive them. 

When Dogs for the Deaf posts information and photos from the event I will add a link to this blog.

Until then.......Warm wishes to everyone from me and tail wags from Cherelle aka "Cher".



 

No comments:

Post a Comment